The transmission is an integral part of your vehicle, and an issue with the transmission is one that needs to be addressed quickly. Typical transmission problems can mean extremely poor performance and can progress very quickly. We understand that transmission issues can be stressful, which is why we want to help you to be able to identify a transmission problem when it happens to get it fixed right away. The longer you drive your vehicle with a faulty transmission, the more damage that will need to be repaired.
If you notice any of the following symptoms while on the road, we invite you into Auto Clinic Care as soon as possible for a transmission inspection:
- Transmission won't stay in gear or doesn't engage - if you put your vehicle in gear and it doesn't move, you have a transmission problem.
- Shifts are delayed - if your vehicle seems to take a lot longer to actually get into gear, this can be a sign of low transmission fluid or a leak.
- Transmission is slipping or revving high - this can be caused by wear and tear of transmission parts or a leak of transmission fluid. High revving can indicate a bad clutch.
- You notice red fluid underneath your vehicle - this signifies a transmission fluid leak.
- A burning smell coming from under the hood - this can point to a transmission fluid leak that is burning on other high-temperature components.
- You hear a clunking or buzzing noise - this typically happens when the transmission has bad gears or seals.
- Your car has no power - if your vehicle has no power but the engine seems to be working fine, this can point to a transmission problem.
- The check engine light is on - the check engine light can turn on when it detects a transmission problem as well, not just an engine issue.
As soon as you notice any of the symptoms listed above, we encourage you to bring your car into Auto Clinic Care for an inspection. We will provide a preliminary inspection to first discover what repairs are needed and then provide you with a full estimate of the repairs and any options you have. We know that transmission repairs can be extensive, so we want to help you find the best path for your needs and budget! Give us a call or stop by today.