Whether you're a parent who will be driving your children to school or you're a student planning on commuting by yourself, the beginning of the back-to-school season is usually always hectic. Operating a vehicle in this chaos can be frightening, so it is crucial to prepare yourself as much as possible for the road. From adjusting to a new schedule and figuring out your morning routine, car problems should be the least of your concerns. Here are some essential items we recommend packing in your vehicle to have on hand throughout the school semester:
- Jumper Cables - Jumper cables are a must-have for any driver at any age. These cables will come in handy if you find yourself in a nonstarting battery situation while at school or any other location away from home.
- Emergency Contact Phone Numbers - It is essential to have designated numbers such as towing services, auto repair shops, etc., on hand that will be necessary for an emergency, breakdown, or accident.
- Non-Perishable Snacks and Water - These are useful when on the road and if you (or your children) get hungry in the middle of the school day. It is also great to have a quick bite on hand for the kids whenever they get picked up from school!
- Seasonal Items - The weather can change up rather quickly in Rockville, MD. You should be prepared for any weather conditions when going to or from school. We recommend carrying around extra sweaters, jackets, and umbrellas just in case the weather doesn't go as planned.
- Phone Charger - You never know when your phone may run out of battery, and you may need it for an important call in case of emergencies.
We hope that this list of essential back-to-school items to pack in your car for the season will help you out. Most importantly, don't forget to drive safely and defensively! If your vehicle requires any maintenance or repairs before the back-to-school season commences, please give Auto Clinic Care a call or visit!